Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 7:53 pm
Mike Bibby explains ejection from high school game
ArizonaSports.com, along with other web outlets, posted stories and videos about former UA and NBA standout Mike Bibby being escorted from his son's high school basketball game by Scottsdale Police.
Then, during Monday's Doug and Wolf Show on Arizona Sports 620, Fun Katy read a tweet about the subject during the daily "Twitter News You Can Use" segment.
It didn't take long for word to get back to Bibby, who called the Arizona Sports 620 to explain what happened at Coronado High School last Friday night.
"I think the ref had a little ego problem before the game started," Bibby explained. "I kind of got on him early in the game and he told the police to watch me, or whatever.
"I was just sitting there and I told him, 'that was a bad angle, number 23 wasn't in the play, ref' and he just pointed to the police and the police came and got me."
Bibby explained that he is normally pretty vocal, without using profanity, while watching his son play, but that wasn't the case in this instance.
"It was like he wanted to kick me out, I don't know why," he said. "I wasn't going to argue with the police, but apparently that's all it took."
Bibby left the arena without incident and with a smile on his face.
When asked if he thought he'd have been ejected if he was a regular fan instead of a parent who spent 14 seasons in the NBA, Bibby was clear.
"No, the other crowd (Sierra Linda High School fans) was crazier than I was," he said. "They told me that everyone on the other side was worse than I was."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.