Updated Feb 10, 2013 - 8:14 pm
Cat Tracks: No. 7 Wildcats upset by California at McKale Center
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's February 10 loss to Cal. California 77 Arizona 69.
Mark Lyons had a team-high 16 points and Solomon Hill added 13, including 11 in the first half. Brandon Ashley scored 12 points and added 10 rebounds.
The Wildcats held the lead at the half due in large part to a strong defensive effort that resulted in eight Cal turnovers.
Arizona saw its four-game win streak come to an end in a stunning loss to Cal.
The Wildcats missed nine of their first 10 shots to open the second half and struggled to adapt to Cal's change to zone defense. The Bears used that momentum to put together a 17-2 run against the lackluster Wildcats.
Sean Miller's squad shot just 39.3 percent from the field and struggled with their free throw shooting. Arizona made just 16 of 24 shots from the line. For the season, the Wildcats had shot 45.1 percent from the field before Sunday's contest.
• The Wildcats became the sixth top-10 team to lose this week.
• Arizona suffered its third Pac-12 loss at the hands of the Bears and fell to 8-3 in conference play overall. Arizona is now 20-3 on the season.
• The Bears shot 58.8 percent from the field, which was the largest percentage the Wildcats have allowed this year.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats will face Colorado on Thursday, February 14. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 8:00 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Oregon drops No. 3 Arizona Wildcats: By the numbers
- Arizona's Nick Johnson a finalist for Wooden Award
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Arizona powers past Stanford, clinches Pac-12 outright: By the numbers
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.