Updated Feb 8, 2013 - 11:58 am
Wildcats give football coach Rich Rodriguez a pay increase
According to Anthony Gimino's Wildcat Report in the Tucson Citizen, the university has proposed a raise of $225,000 per year along with a one-year extension to the coach's contract.
Rodriguez earned $1.5 million last season from the university in his first year at Arizona — $1,005,000 in base salary and $495,000 in peripheral duties (radio and TV appearances, speaking engagements, etc.). He also makes $300,000 per year in non-university funds from Nike and IMG, which markets and broadcasts Arizona athletics.
The new deal, according to the report, will include an increase in Rodriguez's base salary by $100,000 every Dec. 1 and will pay him an average of $2.25 million per season.
Rodriguez's salary last season ranked ninth in the Pac-12, and this increase moves him more towards the middle of the pack.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.