Updated Feb 7, 2013 - 11:15 am
Wildcats QB Matt Scott invited to NFL Combine
A third-round pick of the Philadelphia Eagles, Arizona's career leader in virtually every significant passing category made his debut in November, ending another long (and somewhat embarrassing) drought for the school.
Well, the gap between Foles and the next UA QB to be drafted likely won't be nearly as long as the one between Foles and Eddie Wilson.
Matt Scott, who threw for 3,620 yards and 27 touchdowns as a senior, has been invited to the NFL's Scouting Combine.
Scott enters the 2013 draft season as an interesting prospect. He started just one full season at the collegiate level, and flashed solid arm strength to go along with mobility that many NFL teams seem to be looking for.
And while he may not be one of the top prospects at this moment, the fact that he's been invited to showcase his ability for scouts proves there's a decent amount of interest in his skills.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.