Cat Tracks: Arizona defeats rival ASU on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's January 19 win over Arizona State. Arizona 71, Arizona State 54.
Mark Lyons scored a season-high 24 points and Nick Johnson dropped 19 to pace the Wildcats offense. The two had a combined 18 of 29 first half points for Arizona.
The Wildcats displayed a tremendous defensive performance, holding ASU's Carrick Felix to only five points on 1-8 shooting.
Arizona improved to 16-1 and 4-1 in Pac-12 play this season.
The Wildcats let the Sun Devils hang around and keep the game within reach until a late second half 11-0 run helped them pull away from their rivals for good.
• The Wildcats scored 18 points off of turnovers, 17 of which came from the Sun Devils.
• Arizona held ASU to 39% shooting from the field.
• The 'Cats shot 16-19 from the free throw line.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats will host UCLA on Thursday, January 24. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.