Cat Tracks: Arizona defeats rival ASU on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's January 19 win over Arizona State. Arizona 71, Arizona State 54.
Mark Lyons scored a season-high 24 points and Nick Johnson dropped 19 to pace the Wildcats offense. The two had a combined 18 of 29 first half points for Arizona.
The Wildcats displayed a tremendous defensive performance, holding ASU's Carrick Felix to only five points on 1-8 shooting.
Arizona improved to 16-1 and 4-1 in Pac-12 play this season.
The Wildcats let the Sun Devils hang around and keep the game within reach until a late second half 11-0 run helped them pull away from their rivals for good.
• The Wildcats scored 18 points off of turnovers, 17 of which came from the Sun Devils.
• Arizona held ASU to 39% shooting from the field.
• The 'Cats shot 16-19 from the free throw line.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats will host UCLA on Thursday, January 24. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.