Updated Jan 5, 2013 - 6:06 pm
Cat Tracks: Wildcats hold on to beat Utah to remain undefeated
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's January 5 win over Utah. Arizona 60, Utah 57.
The No. 3 Wildcats were able to hold off Utah in exhilarating fashion, improving to a perfect 14-0.
Mark Lyons came up with two clutch free throws for Arizona with just 7.2 seconds remaining to help seal the victory. He finished with 12 points and four assists on the day.
Senior Solomon Hill led the offensive charge for the Wildcats with 19 points and eight rebounds.
Arizona almost squandered a 10 point lead, allowing Utah to close the gap to just one point with 1:07 seconds left in the game. Jarred Dubois missed two three-point attempts, including a long attempt as the clock ran out, giving the Wildcats the win.
Utah's slow pace helped them keep the game tight with Arizona.
Collectively, the Wildcats didn't perform well from the field and the offense lacked cohesiveness. They shot just 36.2 overall and made just 21 field goals.
Nick Johnson had a tough afternoon, going 2-of-9 for seven points.
• Arizona improved to 2-0 in conference play, narrowly winning both games.
• The 'Cats are off to their best start since the 1931-32 season when they recorded 16 consecutive victories.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats will travel to Oregon on Thursday night. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.