Updated Dec 24, 2012 - 12:10 pm
UA moves up to No. 3 in AP Coaches Poll
After notching three more wins in a six-day span, including two on Saturday (East Tennessee State) and Sunday (Miami) in the Diamond Head Classic in Honululu, the Wildcats moved up a spot in the weekly AP Coaches Poll from No. 5 to No. 3.
UA, who shares the No. 3 spot with Louisville, will have another tough test Tuesday, when they battle No. 18 San Diego State for the holiday tournament title. Sean Miller's squad has already beaten one ranked team this season (No. 5 Florida on December 15).
The Wildcats benefited from Syracuse's loss to Tempe on Saturday, and remain the only Pac-12 team in the top 25.
Following Tuesday's non-conference clash with the Aztecs, UA will return home to open up Pac-12 play against Utah and Colorado on January 3 and 5.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.