Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's December 23 win over Miami. Final score: Arizona 69, Miami 50.
The Wildcats came out firing in this one, taking a commanding lead late in the first half that they would never relinquish.
Guard Mark Lyons had another strong game for the Wildcats, as the senior transfer from Xavier scored a team-leading 19 points to go along with 4 assists.
The Wildcats also got strong contributions from Kevin Parrom, who scored 11 points off the bench, while Solomon Hill had eight and and Nick Johnson chipped in 12 points.
Arizona also hammered Miami on the boards, outrebounding their opponents by a tally of 46 to 20.
There wasn't much to complain about on this night, though Arizona's 16 turnovers will make head coach Sean Miller frown and the Wildcats struggled a bit from the free throw line, making just 11 of 17 attempts.
• The Wildcats are off to their best start since Lute Olsen led the program to a 35-3 season and a Final Four appearance in 1987-88.
• The victory was the 200th in Sean Miller's career as a head coach, which spans his time at Xavier, too.
• Freshman center Kaleb Tarczewski led Arizona with 13 rebounds -- Miami grabbed just 20 as a team.
Coming Up Next:
Arizona will face San Diego State in the final of the Diamond Head Classic in Hawaii Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. Arizona time.
- Rich Rodriguez- UA football coach - Monday September 15University of Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez previews the Wildcats' game against Cal.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 11 - Thursday September 11Adam and Jarrett talk about a close win at UTSA and a home date vs. Nevada.
- Rich Rodriguez - Arizona head coach - Monday September 8University of Arizona football coach Rich Rodriguez joins Doug and Wolf
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 3 - Wednesday September 3Adam and Jarrett talk about a comfortable win and a tricky road trip.
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?