Updated Dec 15, 2012 - 11:19 pm
Cat Tracks: Arizona edges Florida to remain unbeaten
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's December 15 win over Florida. Final score: Arizona 65, Florida 64 .
Eight-ranked Arizona rallied from six points down in the the final minute, beating fifth-ranked Florida to remain undefeated.
The Wildcats forced back-to-back turnovers on inbound plays to cut the deficit to one point. Mark Lyons then hit a contested layup, which proved to be the game-winner with just seven seconds left.
Solomon Hill had a team-high 18 points for Arizona. Johnson added 15 while Lyons contributed 14 points on the night.
The 'Cats trailed by as many as 11 points in the second half, struggling with Florida's defense that was ranked second in the nation heading into Saturday's contest.
• The Wildcats are off to their best start since the 1998-1999 season.
• Florida beat Arizona 78-72 in overtime a season ago.
• Arizona hit 24-for-52 of its shots, but just 7-for-20 from three-point range on the night.
Coming Up Next:
Arizona will next face Oral Roberts on Tuesday, December 18 at 7:00 p.m. MST.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.