Updated Dec 15, 2012 - 11:19 pm
Cat Tracks: Arizona edges Florida to remain unbeaten
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's December 15 win over Florida. Final score: Arizona 65, Florida 64 .
Eight-ranked Arizona rallied from six points down in the the final minute, beating fifth-ranked Florida to remain undefeated.
The Wildcats forced back-to-back turnovers on inbound plays to cut the deficit to one point. Mark Lyons then hit a contested layup, which proved to be the game-winner with just seven seconds left.
Solomon Hill had a team-high 18 points for Arizona. Johnson added 15 while Lyons contributed 14 points on the night.
The 'Cats trailed by as many as 11 points in the second half, struggling with Florida's defense that was ranked second in the nation heading into Saturday's contest.
• The Wildcats are off to their best start since the 1998-1999 season.
• Florida beat Arizona 78-72 in overtime a season ago.
• Arizona hit 24-for-52 of its shots, but just 7-for-20 from three-point range on the night.
Coming Up Next:
Arizona will next face Oral Roberts on Tuesday, December 18 at 7:00 p.m. MST.
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.