Cat Tracks: Arizona edges Florida to remain unbeaten
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's December 15 win over Florida. Final score: Arizona 65, Florida 64 .
Eight-ranked Arizona rallied from six points down in the the final minute, beating fifth-ranked Florida to remain undefeated.
The Wildcats forced back-to-back turnovers on inbound plays to cut the deficit to one point. Mark Lyons then hit a contested layup, which proved to be the game-winner with just seven seconds left.
Solomon Hill had a team-high 18 points for Arizona. Johnson added 15 while Lyons contributed 14 points on the night.
The 'Cats trailed by as many as 11 points in the second half, struggling with Florida's defense that was ranked second in the nation heading into Saturday's contest.
• The Wildcats are off to their best start since the 1998-1999 season.
• Florida beat Arizona 78-72 in overtime a season ago.
• Arizona hit 24-for-52 of its shots, but just 7-for-20 from three-point range on the night.
Coming Up Next:
Arizona will next face Oral Roberts on Tuesday, December 18 at 7:00 p.m. MST.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a