Updated Dec 8, 2012 - 9:04 pm
Cat Tracks: Arizona stays perfect with win over Clemson
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's December 8 win over Clemson. Final score: Arizona 66, Clemson 54.
The No. 8 Wildcats now boast a 7-0 record for the first time in 14 years with a win over Clemson (5-3) on Saturday night.
Mark Lyons led the team with a season-high 20 points. He also added four rebounds and four assists for the 'Cats.
Arizona had trouble protecting the ball against Southern Mississippi, but the Wildcats improved in that area against Clemson. They turned the ball over just six times in the game's first 20 minutes.
Aside from Lyons, the Wildcats offense struggled to find any sort of rhythm. Arizona's other players shot just 30.6%.
Solomon Hill had a particularly poor performance, shooting just 2-for-16 with seven points on the night.
Arizona blew a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter before putting together a 25-7 run that sealed the victory.
• Besides Lyons, Nick Johnson was the only other Arizona player in double-digits against Clemson. He scored 13 points for the 'Cats.
• The Wildcats held Clemson to just two field goals in the game's final 8:45.
Coming Up Next:
It will be a battle of undefeated teams when Arizona is scheduled to host Florida on Saturday, December 15.
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.