Updated Dec 8, 2012 - 9:04 pm
Cat Tracks: Arizona stays perfect with win over Clemson
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's December 8 win over Clemson. Final score: Arizona 66, Clemson 54.
The No. 8 Wildcats now boast a 7-0 record for the first time in 14 years with a win over Clemson (5-3) on Saturday night.
Mark Lyons led the team with a season-high 20 points. He also added four rebounds and four assists for the 'Cats.
Arizona had trouble protecting the ball against Southern Mississippi, but the Wildcats improved in that area against Clemson. They turned the ball over just six times in the game's first 20 minutes.
Aside from Lyons, the Wildcats offense struggled to find any sort of rhythm. Arizona's other players shot just 30.6%.
Solomon Hill had a particularly poor performance, shooting just 2-for-16 with seven points on the night.
Arizona blew a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter before putting together a 25-7 run that sealed the victory.
Besides Lyons, Nick Johnson was the only other Arizona player in double-digits against Clemson. He scored 13 points for the 'Cats.
The Wildcats held Clemson to just two field goals in the game's final 8:45.
Coming Up Next:
It will be a battle of undefeated teams when Arizona is scheduled to host Florida on Saturday, December 15.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.