Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 10:26 pm
Cat Tracks: Wildcats stave off Southern Miss to stay undefeated
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's December 4 win over Southern Miss. Final score: Arizona 63, Southern Miss 55.
The No. 8 Wildcats improved to 6-0 and are off to their best start since the 1999-2000 season, overcoming a sloppy first half.
Nick Johnson led the offensive charge for the Wildcats with 23 points in Tuesday night's win over Southern Miss.
Kevin Parrom added 14 points, 13 of which came in the crucial second half.
The Wildcats' defense stepped up huge after the half, forcing 17 Southern Miss turnovers.
Sean Miller's squad had trouble with Southern Mississippi's pressure zone defense, especially in the first half.
Arizona turned the ball over a season-high and uncharacteristic 27 times, despite holding on for the win.
• Southern Miss and Arizona combined for a staggering 50 turnovers.
• The 'Cats were ranked fifth in the nation shooting at 52.3 percent and sixth in scoring at 85.2 points per game entering Tuesday night's contest.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats will look to stay undefeated when they travel to Clemson on Saturday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. local time.
- No. 2 Arizona Wildcats roll Texas Tech to remain unbeaten
- Arizona's Nick Johnson named Pac-12 Player of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats move up to No. 2 in latest AP Poll
- No. 4 Arizona Wildcats top No. 6 Duke for NIT Preseason Tip-Off title
- No. 4 Wildcats erase 18-point deficit, advance to NIT championship
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.