Arizona basketball picked to win Pac-12
Arizona received 15 of a possible 36 first place votes, one fewer than UCLA, but the Wildcats finished the poll with 403 points, one more than the Bruins.
After UCLA, the top five of the conference is rounded out by California, Stanford and Washington.
The Wildcats return three starters from last year's 23-12 squad, including Solomon Hill, who was a First Team All-Pac-12 selection a year ago when he averaged 12.9 points and 7.7 rebounds per game.
Arizona also has one of the top recruiting classes in the country featuring center Kaleb Tarczewski, power forward Grant Jerrett and power forward Brandon Ashley, who were all ranked in the top 20 recruits in the nation by ESPN.
Arizona won an exhibition game against NCAA Division II Humboldt State 108-67 Wednesday night. The Wildcats will open their season November 11 against Charleston Southern at McKale Center in Tucson.
Pac-12 Media Preseason Poll
1. Arizona (15) 403
2. UCLA (14) 402
3. California (3) 325
4. Stanford 296
5. Washington (2) 278
6. Colorado 262
7. Oregon 217
8. Oregon State 166
9. USC 163
10. Washington State 111
11. Arizona State 107
12. Utah 78
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a