Updated Oct 17, 2012 - 10:55 am
Arizona Wildcats 11th in USA Today coaches poll
Arizona, who earned a total of 411 points, is the highest-ranked Pac-12 team, ahead of No. 13 UCLA. Indiana tops the poll, and is followed by Louisville and defending champion Kentucky.
It's worth noting that the Wildcats were ranked 16th in the same poll one year ago, before ultimately finishing the year with a 23-12 record and first round exit in the NIT.
The optimism around the program is largely due to having one of the Pac-12's deepest rosters. Led by seniors Solomon Hill, Kevin Parrom and Mark Lyons, the Wildcats also added one of the nation's top recruiting classes.
The season will unofficially begin for the Wildcats October 21, when the school hosts the its Red-Blue game.
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.