The first USA Today men's basketball coaches preseason poll has been released, and the Arizona Wildcats are ranked 11th.
Arizona, who earned a total of 411 points, is the highest-ranked Pac-12 team, ahead of No. 13 UCLA. Indiana tops the poll, and is followed by Louisville and defending champion Kentucky.
It's worth noting that the Wildcats were ranked 16th in the same poll one year ago, before ultimately finishing the year with a 23-12 record and first round exit in the NIT.
The optimism around the program is largely due to having one of the Pac-12's deepest rosters. Led by seniors Solomon Hill, Kevin Parrom and Mark Lyons, the Wildcats also added one of the nation's top recruiting classes.
The season will unofficially begin for the Wildcats October 21, when the school hosts the its Red-Blue game.
- Rich Rodriguez- UA football coach - Monday September 15University of Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez previews the Wildcats' game against Cal.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 11 - Thursday September 11Adam and Jarrett talk about a close win at UTSA and a home date vs. Nevada.
- Rich Rodriguez - Arizona head coach - Monday September 8University of Arizona football coach Rich Rodriguez joins Doug and Wolf
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 3 - Wednesday September 3Adam and Jarrett talk about a comfortable win and a tricky road trip.
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?