Updated Oct 9, 2012 - 2:52 pm
Experts weigh in, and they're high on Arizona Wildcats
They're bringing high expectations with them.
In a piece on CBSSports.com, five NCAA hoops writers gave some preseason predictions.
Jeff Goodman, Doug Gottlieb and Jeff Borzello have the Wildcats winning the Pac-12 (UCLA got the other two votes), with Goodman and Gottlieb each picking Arizona to reach the Final Four.
Most Wildcats fans would take that kind of season and call it a success, but Gottlieb goes even further and predicts Arizona to win the National Championship, led by Freshman of the Year Brandon Ashley and Coach of the Year Sean Miller.
Of course, none of this means the Wildcats are destined for big things this season. It's early October and the team has yet to play a meaningful game. But expectations are there, and that's certainly better than the alternative.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.