Experts weigh in, and they're high on Arizona Wildcats
They're bringing high expectations with them.
In a piece on CBSSports.com, five NCAA hoops writers gave some preseason predictions.
Jeff Goodman, Doug Gottlieb and Jeff Borzello have the Wildcats winning the Pac-12 (UCLA got the other two votes), with Goodman and Gottlieb each picking Arizona to reach the Final Four.
Most Wildcats fans would take that kind of season and call it a success, but Gottlieb goes even further and predicts Arizona to win the National Championship, led by Freshman of the Year Brandon Ashley and Coach of the Year Sean Miller.
Of course, none of this means the Wildcats are destined for big things this season. It's early October and the team has yet to play a meaningful game. But expectations are there, and that's certainly better than the alternative.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a