Northern Arizona announced Friday they hired former ASU men's basketball player Kevin Kruger to be on Jack Murphy's coaching staff for the 2014-15 season.
Kruger played for ASU from 2003-06 and in three seasons, he averaged 10.5 points, making 2 three-pointers made. He received his degree from ASU in that time and later continued his studies at UNLV, playing a season for his father Lon Kruger.
Kruger was able to play immediately because he earned his bachelor's degree.
After his collegiate days, Kruger appeared in the D-League and on foreign teams in Bulgaria, Italy, Mexico, Belgium and Germany.
Most recently, he was on his father's staff with Oklahoma as a graduate assistant in 2013-14.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike
- Doug Haller - azcentral sports - Tuesday September 16Doug Haller of azcentral sports discusses what Mike Bercovici has to do in order to be a successful