Former ASU guard Jahii Carson records 43.5-inch max vertical jump at NBA Combine
Carson, a Pac-12 Co-Freshman of the Year in 2013, came in as the smallest participant at 5'9 3/4" without shoes -- which would make him the fifth shortest NBA player ever to get drafted should he hear his name called in June.
But as the 2013-14 All-Pac-12 first-team member showed Friday, it's not all about size.
The Mesa, Ariz. native had an unofficial max vertical jump of 43.5 inches, which was tied for the best leap among all prospects with Markel Brown.
As a sophomore, Carson led the Sun Devils with 18.6 points and 4.6 assists per game. He also finished third on the team with 4.0 rebounds per game.
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall to play for Rockets Summer League team in Orlando
- ASU's Sendek listed among coaches on the 'hot seat' in 2014-15
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.