Arizona State head coach Herb Sendek continued restocking his roster Monday by signing 6-foot-6 forward Savon Goodman.
Goodman, who started his collegiate career at UNLV, enrolled at Indian Hills Community College in Iowa for last season but did not play.
He will have three years to play three seasons at ASU.
Goodman was ranked as the 18th best power forward and 72nd best overall prospect in the Class of 2012 by Rivals.com. As a senior at Constitution High School in Philadelphia, he averaged 25.8 points and 14.2 rebounds per game while leading his team to PIAA state and Philadelphia Public League titles.
As a freshman at UNLV, he played in 27 games and averaged 3.6 points and 2.4 rebounds in 9.1 minutes per contest. He announced he was leaving the program in October of 2013 after a felony arrest for burglary. Last December, a Las Vegas judge accepted Goodman's written guilty plea to reduced charges of petty theft and trespassing.
"Savon is extremely athletic, very versatile and can rebound," Sendek said in a statement released Monday. "We love his athleticism and he will fit in well with our other newcomers and our returners."
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Wednesday September 24Coach Graham discusses the vast array of storylines heading into Thursday's showdown against UCLA.