Updated Apr 7, 2014 - 12:56 pm
Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
After spending two seasons at Arizona State working under Herb Sendek, former NBA head coach Eric Mussleman has resigned and is pursuing other opportunities according to multiple sources directly familiar with the development.
According to the report, ASU will hire Indian Hills Community College head coach Barret Peery in Musselman's place.
Peery coached his team to a 34-3 record and the NJCAA championship game as the tournament's No. 1 seed last month.
Indian Hills guard Roosevelt Scott signed with ASU last November and will join his coach in Tempe.
Peery took over at Indian Hills in 2011 and has a career record of 93-11 over three years. His prior experience includes three seasons as an assistant at the University of Utah and a playing career at the College of Southern Utah.
It is not yet known what is next for Musselman's coaching career.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.