Arizona State Associate head coach Eric Musselman resigned Monday, according to ASUDevils.com
After spending two seasons at Arizona State working under Herb Sendek, former NBA head coach Eric Mussleman has resigned and is pursuing other opportunities according to multiple sources directly familiar with the development.
According to the report, ASU will hire Indian Hills Community College head coach Barret Peery in Musselman's place.
Peery coached his team to a 34-3 record and the NJCAA championship game as the tournament's No. 1 seed last month.
Indian Hills guard Roosevelt Scott signed with ASU last November and will join his coach in Tempe.
Peery took over at Indian Hills in 2011 and has a career record of 93-11 over three years. His prior experience includes three seasons as an assistant at the University of Utah and a playing career at the College of Southern Utah.
It is not yet known what is next for Musselman's coaching career.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Wednesday September 24Coach Graham discusses the vast array of storylines heading into Thursday's showdown against UCLA.