Updated Mar 30, 2014 - 3:31 pm
Report: ASU's Musselman a 'legitimate candidate' for South Florida job
Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman has emerged as a legitimate candidate at South Florida, a source told @CBSSports.— Gary Parrish (@GaryParrishCBS) March 30, 2014
Musselman has been with the Sun Devils for two seasons after joining the staff prior to the start of the 2012-13 campaign. Musselman is responsible for ASU's opponent scouting, on-court player development and recruiting.
Musselman has three seasons of NBA coaching experience, two of which came with the Golden State Warriors from 2002-04 and one of which was with the Sacramento Kings in 2006.
Musselman doesn't have any previous collegiate head coaching experience, and his two seasons with ASU have been his only two of college experience. He was named the NBA D-League's coach of the year in 2012 after leading the Los Angeles D-Fenders to a 38-12 record.
The South Florida job has been open since Stan Heath was let go after his seventh year the the helm. The school reportedly agreed to terms with Manhattan coach Steve Masiello, but then it was revealed he lied about completing and undergraduate degree at Kentucky. ASU complied a 43-25 record in Musselman's two seasons with the program.
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.