Arizona State sophomore point guard Jahii Carson was named to the All-Pac-12 First Team Monday.
Carson led the Sun Devils in points (18.9) and assists (4.5) in his last season with the team. The 5-foot-10 guard announced earlier this month he would not return for his junior season, and is choosing to declare for the NBA draft later this spring.
The Mesa native had 11 games with at least 20 points this season, including a career-high 40-point performance in a win over UNLV. Carson leads the Sun Devils into Pac-12 Tournament play Thursday, and the team remains hopeful of a NCAA Tournament invite later this month.
In his two-year career in Tempe, Carson put up 1,232 points and dished out 317 assists.
Teammate Jordan Bachynski was named the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year -- the first time a Sun Devil has won the award, and was also named to the All-Pac-12 Second Team.
Senior guard Jermaine Marshall was a honorable mention for the All-Conference team. The fifth-year senior transferred to ASU last July, after putting up team-high scoring numbers for Penn State the year prior.
Joining Carson on the All-Pac-12 first team are UCLA guards Jordan Adams and Kyle Anderson, Cal guard Justin Cobbs, Colorado forward Josh Scott, Utah guard Delon Wright, Stanford guard Chasson Randle and forward Dwight Powell and Arizona guard Nick Johnson and forward Aaron Gordon.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev