Updated Mar 10, 2014 - 10:58 am
ASU's Jordan Bachynski named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year
Bachynski, a Calgary, Alberta native, led the nation in blocked shots, averaging 4.23 per game. During the season, Bachynski surpassed former Arizona star Anthony Cook as the conference's all-time leading shot blocker. The 7-foot-2 center has 309 blocked shots in his career.
Bachynski preserved Sun Devil wins over Marquette, Oregon and Arizona with late blocked shots.
Joining the ASU big man on the Pac-12 All-Defensive Team are Stanford forward Josh Huestis, Arizona guards Nick Johnson and T.J. McConnell and Utah guard Delon Wright.
This is the first time in school history that an Arizona State player has won the defensive honor.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!