Updated Mar 1, 2014 - 9:27 pm
Arizona State wins second straight, handles Cal on Senior Day: By The Numbers
First, they arrived just in time for the SB-1062 hoopla and Gov. Jan Brewer's eventual veto. They then got hammered in Tucson.
After a couple of weird weather days, they made their way to the floor of Wells-Fargo Arena. And got handled again, in a 78-60 loss.
It was Senior Day in Tempe, where, most notably, Jordan Bachynski and Jermaine Marshall rounded out their time playing on campus. Sophomore Jahii Carson also announced his intentions to leave college.
Here's a closer look at the ASU win, by the numbers:
With four blocks in his final game at Wells-Fargo Arena, Bachynski topped his previous single-season Pac-12 block record of 120 -- set in 2012-13 -- now boasting 123 blocks on the season with two games to go. He added seven rebounds and eight points to the effort.
Arizona State honored six seniors prior to the game. They were: Bachynski, Marshall, Shaquielle McKissic, Richie Evans, Jarett Upchurch and Dave Whitmore. All but Evans made an appearance on the floor.
The Sun Devils shot more than 10 percent better overall than the Golden Bears on Saturday. They knocked down 52.6 percent of their three-point attempts and 71.4 percent of their free throws, compared to 37.5 and 58.8 percent, respectively, for the Golden Bears.
Marshall logged his 11th 20-point game of the season on Saturday, dropping a game-high 22 on the Golden Bears, thanks to hitting 6-of-8 three-point attempts and 7-of-11 shots overall, while hitting both of his free throw attempts. In such point-scoring efforts from Marshall, the Sun Devils are 9-2.
ASU's 78 points were good for their second-highest regulation scoring total in conference play so far this season. Twice previously they've logged 79 points in 40 minutes.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!