The Pac-12 Networks will re-broadcast a Temple-Arizona State game Tuesday evening from the 2009 NCAA Men's Tournament.
All seven Pac-12 Networks will replay the first round showdown at 8:00 p.m. MST on Tuesday, Jan. 28, as part of the Pac-12 Classics series.
Former Sun Devils point guard Derek Glasser will take over the Pac-12 Networks Twitter account during the replay of the game to live tweet his memories of the contest and to answer fans' questions.
The 6-foot-1 guard was a junior at the time of the Temple-ASU matchup in Greensboro, N.C., starting alongside future NBA players James Harden and Jeff Ayres (fka Pendergraph). It was the school's first appearance in the NCAA Tournament since 2003.
Glasser started 104 of the 131 games he played for the Devils over his four-year career, breaking school records for total assists (551) and free throw shooting (83.8 percent).
If you're unfamiliar with the result of the Owls-Sun Devils postseason game and you plan on watching it, stop reading here to avoid "spoilers" below.
Then-sophomore Harden struggled in the game, only hitting one shot and scoring nine points, but Glasser picked up the slack with 22 points -- his career-high at that point. The point guard went 4-for-5 on 3-pointers and scored 17 in the first half. Ayres also contributed 22 points, shooting 8-for-14.
ASU came into the contest the higher seed (6) in the tournament's South region. The No. 11 Owls never led in the game, and ASU sent them packing with a 66-57 final.
Dionte Christmas, a future Phoenix Suns player, was a senior at the time, and led the Owls with 29 points in his final game for the school.
The Sun Devils moved on in the tournament, but were ousted by No. 3 Syracuse 78-67. Ayres, then a senior, and Harden both moved on to the NBA after ASU's postseason trip.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.
- Jake Plummer, Former ASU & Cardinals Quarterback - Tuesday October 14Jake Plummer discusses what the Sun Devils need to do to beat Stanford.