Arizona State's 79-60 win over USC: By the numbers
Here's a look back at the 19-point thumping by the numbers:
For ASU, the win was just its second in the Galen Center under Herb Sendek in eight tries. The other victory occurred back in Jan. 2012.
The Sun Devils moved to a perfect 3-0 this season in true road games, having lost two away from Wells Fargo Arena earlier this season in the Wooden Legacy tournament. ASU's other road wins have come against DePaul and UNLV.
Shaquielle McKissic continued his hot play against the Trojans, pitching in with 12 points, eight rebounds and a career-high six steals. McKissic finished just two steals shy of the program's single-game record.
After starting Pac-12 play with a combined four points on 1-of-9 from the field, Jonathan Gilling regained his shooting form, scoring nine points on 2-of-4 from the field and 3-of-3 from the charity stripe.
Jahii Carson finished with 18 points on the night, which in and of itself wasn't all that impressive. However, the sophomore reached the mark after being held scoreless for the first 15 minutes of the game.
The 19-point loss marked USC's worst this season. It also snapped Andy Enfield and Co.'s nine-game Galen Center win streak.
While the game wasn't really close in the second half, the two teams were neck-and-neck midway through the first 20 minutes, until the Sun Devils reeled off a game-changing 19-6 spurt highlighted by seven points from Jermaine Marshall.
Senior center Jordan Bachynski recorded his ninth double-double of the season with 20 points to go along with 12 boards. Thursday marked just the second time this season, Bachynski has reached the 20-point mark.
With a pair of blocked shots against USC, Bachynski stands just one swat shy of tying Channning Frye for second on the Pac-12's all-time list. The senior is also 21 shy of tying the conference's all-time record -- set by Arizona's Anthony Cook from 1985-88.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Report: ASU's Musselman a 'legitimate candidate' for South Florida job
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.