The Pac-12 announced Monday that Arizona State sophomore guard Jahii Carson had been named conference men's basketball player of the week for his performance between Nov. 18-24.
Carson, hailing from Mesa, Ariz., averaged 29.5 points per game over the course of the week, thanks in part to a 40-point performance in ASU's 86-80 win at UNLV early last week. The 5-foot-10, 180-pound guard also managed a .575 shooting percentage from the floor while shooting better than 55% from three-point range.
The announcement comes as Carson's first career weekly honor and the 33rd in school history.
The Sun Devils are set to host No. 25 Marquette on Monday, Nov. 25 at 7:00 p.m. MDT, with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. on 92.3 FM KTAR.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike