Yahoo!: ASU's Jahii Carson one of 25 most intriguing players
The 5-foot-10 point guard is easily the most important player on the team, and according to Yahoo!'s Pat Forde, the 25th-most intriguing player in the country.
Little man had one of the best freshman seasons in the nation, averaging 18.5 points, 5.7 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 37.2 minutes per game. When Carson decided to come back for a second college season, the Sun Devils' hopes for their first NCAA tournament bid since 2009 got a major boost. And coach Herb Sendek may need to make the field of 68 to keep his job.
Carson will be joined this season by key returners Jordan Bachynski and Jonathan Gilling, as well as Penn State transfer Jermaine Marshall, among others.
The Sun Devils open their season Friday at home against the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Retrievers. Tip-off is slated for 6:00 p.m.
- ASU lands No. 3 seed in Pac-12 tournament despite loss
- Another slow start hampers Sun Devils in OT loss to Beavers: By the Numbers
- ASU's road comeback vs. OSU falls short in OT
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.