Yahoo!: ASU's Jahii Carson one of 25 most intriguing players
The 5-foot-10 point guard is easily the most important player on the team, and according to Yahoo!'s Pat Forde, the 25th-most intriguing player in the country.
Little man had one of the best freshman seasons in the nation, averaging 18.5 points, 5.7 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 37.2 minutes per game. When Carson decided to come back for a second college season, the Sun Devils' hopes for their first NCAA tournament bid since 2009 got a major boost. And coach Herb Sendek may need to make the field of 68 to keep his job.
Carson will be joined this season by key returners Jordan Bachynski and Jonathan Gilling, as well as Penn State transfer Jermaine Marshall, among others.
The Sun Devils open their season Friday at home against the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Retrievers. Tip-off is slated for 6:00 p.m.
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.