Jahii Carson is the unquestioned leader and catalyst for the Arizona State basketball team.
The 5-foot-10 point guard is easily the most important player on the team, and according to Yahoo!'s Pat Forde, the 25th-most intriguing player in the country.
Little man had one of the best freshman seasons in the nation, averaging 18.5 points, 5.7 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 37.2 minutes per game. When Carson decided to come back for a second college season, the Sun Devils' hopes for their first NCAA tournament bid since 2009 got a major boost. And coach Herb Sendek may need to make the field of 68 to keep his job.
Carson will be joined this season by key returners Jordan Bachynski and Jonathan Gilling, as well as Penn State transfer Jermaine Marshall, among others.
The Sun Devils open their season Friday at home against the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Retrievers. Tip-off is slated for 6:00 p.m.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Ray Anderson, ASU athletic director - Wednesday October 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the Sun Devils overcoming adversity after their loss to
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals and Sun Devil quarterback - Wednesday October 1Former Arizona State and Cardinal quarterback Jake Plummer discusses the latest in college football
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.