The Arizona State Sun Devils return one of the top players in the conference, but that's not enough to impress the Pac-12 media.
At the annual conference media day in San Francisco Thursday, head coach Herb Sendek's squad was picked to finish seventh in the Pac-12 behind in-state rival Arizona, UCLA, Colorado, Oregon, California and Stanford.
The Sun Devils are coming off a 22-win season in 2012-13 in which they advanced to the second round of the NIT Tournament, where they were bounced by eventual tournament champion Baylor.
The Devils return 2013 Pac-12 Co-Freshman of the Year Jahii Carson, who averaged 18.5 points per game as a freshman last season, along with 7-foot-2 center Jordan Bachynski, who set a new conference record for blocked shots with 120 last season.
ASU opens their 2012-13 campaign Friday, November 8 against UMBC at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Media Poll
|Place||Team (1st place votes)||Points|
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Wednesday September 24Coach Graham discusses the vast array of storylines heading into Thursday's showdown against UCLA.