Updated Aug 1, 2013 - 4:59 pm
ASU's Jermaine Marshall one of top 2013-14 transfers
Marshall, a 6-foot-4, 205-pound guard out of Etters, Pa., averaged 15.3 points per game for the Nittany Lions, adding 2.6 assists and 4.6 rebounds per game -- all higher averages than Gordon produced during the 2012-13 season. The two shared an identical field goal percentage of .391.
Seth Greenberg identified Marshall as the sixth-best transfer in the nation coming into the 2013-14 season in an ESPN Insider article, praising the senior's maturity and scoring ability.
Marshall, the former Penn State guard, is a perfect fit for the Arizona State Sun Devils. He'll replace Evan Gordon, who decided to transfer to Indiana for his senior season. At 6-foot-4, Marshall will alleviate the loss of Gordon and gifted wing scorer Carrick Felix (the 33rd selection in the 2013 NBA draft). He brings maturity to ASU and can score, rebound his position and pass.
He will benefit from playing with one of the most explosive point guards in the country, Jahii Carson. Carson's ability to play off the high ball screen and in transition will free Marshall up for room-and-rhythm jump shots. The combination of Carson, Marshall and defensive specialist Jordan Bachynski makes the Sun Devils an upper-division team in the Pac-12.
Marshall was second in scoring for the Big Ten-worst Nittany Lions last season, leading the team with 59 three pointers over the course of the year, averaging 1.9 per game.
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.