Updated Aug 1, 2013 - 4:59 pm
ASU's Jermaine Marshall one of top 2013-14 transfers
Marshall, a 6-foot-4, 205-pound guard out of Etters, Pa., averaged 15.3 points per game for the Nittany Lions, adding 2.6 assists and 4.6 rebounds per game -- all higher averages than Gordon produced during the 2012-13 season. The two shared an identical field goal percentage of .391.
Seth Greenberg identified Marshall as the sixth-best transfer in the nation coming into the 2013-14 season in an ESPN Insider article, praising the senior's maturity and scoring ability.
Marshall, the former Penn State guard, is a perfect fit for the Arizona State Sun Devils. He'll replace Evan Gordon, who decided to transfer to Indiana for his senior season. At 6-foot-4, Marshall will alleviate the loss of Gordon and gifted wing scorer Carrick Felix (the 33rd selection in the 2013 NBA draft). He brings maturity to ASU and can score, rebound his position and pass.
He will benefit from playing with one of the most explosive point guards in the country, Jahii Carson. Carson's ability to play off the high ball screen and in transition will free Marshall up for room-and-rhythm jump shots. The combination of Carson, Marshall and defensive specialist Jordan Bachynski makes the Sun Devils an upper-division team in the Pac-12.
Marshall was second in scoring for the Big Ten-worst Nittany Lions last season, leading the team with 59 three pointers over the course of the year, averaging 1.9 per game.
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall to play for Rockets Summer League team in Orlando
- ASU's Sendek listed among coaches on the 'hot seat' in 2014-15
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.