Updated Apr 4, 2013 - 4:33 pm
Carrick Felix gaining interest as an NBA Draft pick
But that's not all he's excited about.
Patterson, told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf that he's looking forward to seeing the 6-foot-6 swingman selected in the 2013 NBA Draft.
"There's a lot of teams that are interested in him, particularly in the second round," the former Portland Trail Blazers general manager said.
The 2013 Pac-12 Scholar Athlete of the Year played his final season at ASU with graduate status after earning his bachelor's degree in 2012.
During his senior season, Felix was selected as Pac-12 Player of the Week three times and posted 13 double-doubles.
"He plays great defense and finished his master's degree, he's a solid kid," Patterson said. "People are excited about him."
Felix, who entered the season a long-shot to even be considered as an NBA Draft pick, averaged 14.6 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game, which Patterson believes will translate well to the pros.
"He's a good person to have on a 15-man roster in the NBA," he said. "I think he's going to get picked and he's going to have a good chance to make it."
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.