Updated Apr 4, 2013 - 4:33 pm
Carrick Felix gaining interest as an NBA Draft pick
But that's not all he's excited about.
Patterson, told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf that he's looking forward to seeing the 6-foot-6 swingman selected in the 2013 NBA Draft.
"There's a lot of teams that are interested in him, particularly in the second round," the former Portland Trail Blazers general manager said.
The 2013 Pac-12 Scholar Athlete of the Year played his final season at ASU with graduate status after earning his bachelor's degree in 2012.
During his senior season, Felix was selected as Pac-12 Player of the Week three times and posted 13 double-doubles.
"He plays great defense and finished his master's degree, he's a solid kid," Patterson said. "People are excited about him."
Felix, who entered the season a long-shot to even be considered as an NBA Draft pick, averaged 14.6 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game, which Patterson believes will translate well to the pros.
"He's a good person to have on a 15-man roster in the NBA," he said. "I think he's going to get picked and he's going to have a good chance to make it."
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Have the Sun Devils done enough to earn an NCAA Tournament invite?
- In Carson's last home game, Sun Devils rout Bears
- ASU guard Jahii Carson will not return for junior season
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 football analyst - Wednesday March 5Why is the drop back quarterback losing steam in college football?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.