Updated Apr 4, 2013 - 4:33 pm
Carrick Felix gaining interest as an NBA Draft pick
But that's not all he's excited about.
Patterson, told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf that he's looking forward to seeing the 6-foot-6 swingman selected in the 2013 NBA Draft.
"There's a lot of teams that are interested in him, particularly in the second round," the former Portland Trail Blazers general manager said.
The 2013 Pac-12 Scholar Athlete of the Year played his final season at ASU with graduate status after earning his bachelor's degree in 2012.
During his senior season, Felix was selected as Pac-12 Player of the Week three times and posted 13 double-doubles.
"He plays great defense and finished his master's degree, he's a solid kid," Patterson said. "People are excited about him."
Felix, who entered the season a long-shot to even be considered as an NBA Draft pick, averaged 14.6 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game, which Patterson believes will translate well to the pros.
"He's a good person to have on a 15-man roster in the NBA," he said. "I think he's going to get picked and he's going to have a good chance to make it."
- ASU lands forward Savon Goodman
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.