Updated Mar 22, 2013 - 1:15 pm
ASU analyst discusses Jahii Carson's future in Tempe
How could he?
But, Dodd believes Carson would be well served to return to college to refine his skills.
"It's so tough because he has some things in his game that translate to the NBA right away," Dodd told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "Just beyond his years."
Dodd pointed to Carson's pacing on the floor as well as his ability to run the pick-and-roll as reasons why he could very well be a successful pro 20-year-old spends another season in Tempe.
"He does have to refine a couple of his skill sets and prove he can be a consistent outside shooter, which I think he can," Dodd said. "And I know a lot of people are talking about him going left and stuff; I think he has the ability to go left but if you're good going right and nobody's been able to stop it all year, I think you'll be fine."
Carson, who averaged 18.4 points, 5.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game and was the Pac-12's Co-Freshman of the Year, may be ready to go. But Dodd has a feeling he won't.
"It should be interesting," he said. "I think, ultimately, if I had to...my gut would say that he might be back in a Sun Devil uniform."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU lands forward Savon Goodman
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.