Ask Arizona State basketball color analyst Kyle Dodd if he thinks Sun Devil point guard Jahii Carson will return for another season, and he's quick to admit he has no idea.
How could he?
But, Dodd believes Carson would be well served to return to college to refine his skills.
"It's so tough because he has some things in his game that translate to the NBA right away," Dodd told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "Just beyond his years."
Dodd pointed to Carson's pacing on the floor as well as his ability to run the pick-and-roll as reasons why he could very well be a successful pro 20-year-old spends another season in Tempe.
"He does have to refine a couple of his skill sets and prove he can be a consistent outside shooter, which I think he can," Dodd said. "And I know a lot of people are talking about him going left and stuff; I think he has the ability to go left but if you're good going right and nobody's been able to stop it all year, I think you'll be fine."
Carson, who averaged 18.4 points, 5.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game and was the Pac-12's Co-Freshman of the Year, may be ready to go. But Dodd has a feeling he won't.
"It should be interesting," he said. "I think, ultimately, if I had to...my gut would say that he might be back in a Sun Devil uniform."
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 10ASU athletic director Ray Anderson is disappointed in the NFL office.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 9ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the Big 10's playoff chances are done.
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals & ASU quarterback - Tuesday September 9Jake Plummer discusses the Pac-12 and which teams he thinks are at the top.
- Bob Davie, University of New Mexico head football coach - Friday September 5Bob Davie discusses his triple-option offense and building his program at New Mexico.