Updated Mar 18, 2013 - 12:11 am
ASU basketball receives No. 3 seed in NIT, will host Detroit Wednesday
Despite a disappointing end to their season -- lost five of last six games -- the Sun Devils were selected as a No. 3 seed in the NIT and will host Detroit Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. MST.
It marks the fourth time ASU has made the postseason in Herb Sendek's seven-year tenure in Tempe. If Sendek and Co. get by the Titans, they would play the winner of Baylor/Long Beach State.
The Sun Devils' last appearance in the NIT came in 2010 as a No. 1 seed. That year, ASU was upset in the first round of the tournament by No. 8-seeded Jacksonville.
Wednesday night's game will be shown on ESPNU.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.