Updated Mar 18, 2013 - 12:11 am
ASU basketball receives No. 3 seed in NIT, will host Detroit Wednesday
Despite a disappointing end to their season -- lost five of last six games -- the Sun Devils were selected as a No. 3 seed in the NIT and will host Detroit Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. MST.
It marks the fourth time ASU has made the postseason in Herb Sendek's seven-year tenure in Tempe. If Sendek and Co. get by the Titans, they would play the winner of Baylor/Long Beach State.
The Sun Devils' last appearance in the NIT came in 2010 as a No. 1 seed. That year, ASU was upset in the first round of the tournament by No. 8-seeded Jacksonville.
Wednesday night's game will be shown on ESPNU.
- Jake Plummer, Pac-12 Network College Football Analyst - Thursday December 5Jake the Snake shares inspiring insight into ASU football and the Tillman Tunnel
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.