Updated Mar 18, 2013 - 12:11 am
ASU basketball receives No. 3 seed in NIT, will host Detroit Wednesday
Despite a disappointing end to their season -- lost five of last six games -- the Sun Devils were selected as a No. 3 seed in the NIT and will host Detroit Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. MST.
It marks the fourth time ASU has made the postseason in Herb Sendek's seven-year tenure in Tempe. If Sendek and Co. get by the Titans, they would play the winner of Baylor/Long Beach State.
The Sun Devils' last appearance in the NIT came in 2010 as a No. 1 seed. That year, ASU was upset in the first round of the tournament by No. 8-seeded Jacksonville.
Wednesday night's game will be shown on ESPNU.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.