Just moments before Arizona State's Pac-12 Tournament opener against Stanford Wednesday, forward Carrick Felix received another honor.
The senior from Goodyear was named the Pac-12 Men's Basketball Scholar Athlete of the Year by commissioner Larry Scott.
Felix is a graduate student and is completing work on his Masters of Liberal Studies degree.
On the floor, Felix averaged 14.2 points and 8.2 rebounds per contest in helping the Sun Devils to a 20-win season.
He was the only individual to win three separate conference player of the week awards this season and received All-Pac-12 Defensive Team and All-Pac-12 Second Team honors earlier this week.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike