Just moments before Arizona State's Pac-12 Tournament opener against Stanford Wednesday, forward Carrick Felix received another honor.
The senior from Goodyear was named the Pac-12 Men's Basketball Scholar Athlete of the Year by commissioner Larry Scott.
Felix is a graduate student and is completing work on his Masters of Liberal Studies degree.
On the floor, Felix averaged 14.2 points and 8.2 rebounds per contest in helping the Sun Devils to a 20-win season.
He was the only individual to win three separate conference player of the week awards this season and received All-Pac-12 Defensive Team and All-Pac-12 Second Team honors earlier this week.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.