Just moments before Arizona State's Pac-12 Tournament opener against Stanford Wednesday, forward Carrick Felix received another honor.
The senior from Goodyear was named the Pac-12 Men's Basketball Scholar Athlete of the Year by commissioner Larry Scott.
Felix is a graduate student and is completing work on his Masters of Liberal Studies degree.
On the floor, Felix averaged 14.2 points and 8.2 rebounds per contest in helping the Sun Devils to a 20-win season.
He was the only individual to win three separate conference player of the week awards this season and received All-Pac-12 Defensive Team and All-Pac-12 Second Team honors earlier this week.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev