About the only way Jahii Carson's freshman season with Arizona State could have gone better is if his team would have won a few more games.
The Co-Pac-12 Freshman of the Year, Carson averaged 17.7 points, 5 assists and 3.3 rebounds per game while shooting .459 from the floor.
He's the best player the school has had since James Harden, and it's likely his destiny lies with the bearded one in the NBA.
And whether or not that is next season or soon after, ASU athletic director Steve Patterson said the basketball team's goals don't change as far as continuing to add players in order to remain competitive.
"It's his decision and you've always got to be thinking about how you're adding talent as you go forward every year when you're recruiting," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "You look down the road, at some point in time all of us move off the stage onto the next stage of life, or the great beyond, and so you know you have to constantly be upgrading your talent level."
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.