Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 2:15 pm
Trio of Sun Devils earn Pac-12 honors
The Pac-12 announced its men's basketball honors Monday, and a trio of Sun Devils earned some nods.
Point guard Jahii Carson was named Co-Freshman of the Year along with UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad as well as to the conference's First Team. He also was named to the All-Freshmen team.
Carson tweeted his appreciation of the prestigious award Monday afternoon.
I would like to thank all the PAC 12 coaches for naming me PAC -12 co freshman of the year along with shabazz. It's truly a honor— Jahii Carson(@Jahii_carson1) March 11, 2013
The freshman becomes the first Sun Devil to win the FOTY award since Ike Diogu back in 2002-03, and only the fourth since 1976, when the award was first given out.
Carson finished the regular season averaging 17.7 points, 3.3 rebounds and 5 assists per game.
Muhammad averaged 18.3 points and 5.1 rebounds per game for the Bruins.
Forward Carrick Felix, who won three Pac-12 Player of the Week awards during the season, was named to the conference's second team as well as all defensive team, where he was joined by center Jordan Bachynski.
The senior Felix averaged 14.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and just over one block per game in his final season as a Sun Devil.
Bachynski is three blocks away from setting the Pac-12 single season record with the conference tournament still remaining.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Tuesday December 3Mandel discusses USC's coaching hire and the Pac-12 Championship game.