Arizona State's regular season may not have finished the way anyone had hoped, but its postseason is off to a solid start.
The Pac-12 announced its men's basketball honors Monday, and a trio of Sun Devils earned some nods.
Point guard Jahii Carson was named Co-Freshman of the Year along with UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad as well as to the conference's First Team. He also was named to the All-Freshmen team.
Carson tweeted his appreciation of the prestigious award Monday afternoon.
I would like to thank all the PAC 12 coaches for naming me PAC -12 co freshman of the year along with shabazz. It's truly a honor— Jahii Carson(@Jahii_carson1) March 11, 2013
The freshman becomes the first Sun Devil to win the FOTY award since Ike Diogu back in 2002-03, and only the fourth since 1976, when the award was first given out.
Carson finished the regular season averaging 17.7 points, 3.3 rebounds and 5 assists per game.
Muhammad averaged 18.3 points and 5.1 rebounds per game for the Bruins.
Forward Carrick Felix, who won three Pac-12 Player of the Week awards during the season, was named to the conference's second team as well as all defensive team, where he was joined by center Jordan Bachynski.
The senior Felix averaged 14.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and just over one block per game in his final season as a Sun Devil.
Bachynski is three blocks away from setting the Pac-12 single season record with the conference tournament still remaining.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Ray Anderson, ASU athletic director - Wednesday October 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the Sun Devils overcoming adversity after their loss to
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals and Sun Devil quarterback - Wednesday October 1Former Arizona State and Cardinal quarterback Jake Plummer discusses the latest in college football
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.