Despite vast improvement this season, it doesn't look like the Arizona State Sun Devils will get to punch a ticket to the NCAA Tournament.
But Herb Sendek's team has gained a lot of recognition for their improvement, which was keyed in part by the development of Carrick Felix.
Felix was named by ESPN's Jason King as the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the season in an article written Wednesday.
The senior from Millennium High School in Goodyear currently leads the Pac-12 with 12 double-doubles (including nine in conference play) and ranks seventh in rebounding (8.4 rpg), sixth in steals (1.6 spg) and is tied for 10th in blocked shots (1.1 bpg).
The same piece by King names freshman Jahii Carson as a First Team All-Pac-12 selection.
The Sun Devils wrap up their regular season schedule with a road game in Tucson against Arizona Saturday. The game tips off at 2:30 p.m. and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike
- Doug Haller - azcentral sports - Tuesday September 16Doug Haller of azcentral sports discusses what Mike Bercovici has to do in order to be a successful
- Jake Plummer - Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday September 16Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback Jake Plummer discusses Taylor Kelly's injury and what ASU has
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 10ASU athletic director Ray Anderson is disappointed in the NFL office.