Updated Feb 28, 2013 - 8:15 pm
Jahii Carson's mom vents frustration on Twitter
One of the repeating themes in many of ASU's losses this season is that the Sun Devils can't seem to get all of their key rotation players playing well at the same time.
Freshman guard Jahii Carson was excellent, scoring 22 points and dishing out seven assists. Senior wing Carrick Felix had 16 points and a career-high 18 rebounds. Sophomore Jonathan Gilling did have a key lapse in judgment in a one-possession game late in the overtime period, but without his six three-pointers, ASU doesn't extend the game to OT.
On the other side of the coin, guards Evan Gordon and Chris Colvin couldn't get untracked offensively, both going scoreless on a combined 0-for-6 shooting night.
Such losses are frustrating, especially when the win is there for the taking, but maybe nobody was more frustrated than Vanae Carson, Jahii's mother. If you don't believe it, just check out her Twitter feed from Wednesday night.
WOW!!! Mental lapses @ wrong time. Can't make dumb mistakes in OT games— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
I am so OVA this...just pissed @ mediocrity. Why can't we do what others teams do effortlessly???— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
Vanae also took the time to respond to others tweets about her son.
@kyle_odegard Jahii doesn't have many deficiencies, his team does.— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
But they didn't stop there.
@doughaller Gilling can't think the game. He's a shooter and that's it. A liability on defense and pitiful decision maker dribbling the ball— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
We're not saying Mrs. Carson isn't accurate with at least some of her observations, but she's probably putting her son in a difficult situation with fellow social media savvy teammates.
After all, Jahii has at least four games left in a Sun Devil uniform. At least.
- ASU lands No. 3 seed in Pac-12 tournament despite loss
- Another slow start hampers Sun Devils in OT loss to Beavers: By the Numbers
- ASU's road comeback vs. OSU falls short in OT
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.