Updated Feb 28, 2013 - 8:15 pm
Jahii Carson's mom vents frustration on Twitter
One of the repeating themes in many of ASU's losses this season is that the Sun Devils can't seem to get all of their key rotation players playing well at the same time.
Freshman guard Jahii Carson was excellent, scoring 22 points and dishing out seven assists. Senior wing Carrick Felix had 16 points and a career-high 18 rebounds. Sophomore Jonathan Gilling did have a key lapse in judgment in a one-possession game late in the overtime period, but without his six three-pointers, ASU doesn't extend the game to OT.
On the other side of the coin, guards Evan Gordon and Chris Colvin couldn't get untracked offensively, both going scoreless on a combined 0-for-6 shooting night.
Such losses are frustrating, especially when the win is there for the taking, but maybe nobody was more frustrated than Vanae Carson, Jahii's mother. If you don't believe it, just check out her Twitter feed from Wednesday night.
WOW!!! Mental lapses @ wrong time. Can't make dumb mistakes in OT games— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
I am so OVA this...just pissed @ mediocrity. Why can't we do what others teams do effortlessly???— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
Vanae also took the time to respond to others tweets about her son.
@kyle_odegard Jahii doesn't have many deficiencies, his team does.— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
But they didn't stop there.
@doughaller Gilling can't think the game. He's a shooter and that's it. A liability on defense and pitiful decision maker dribbling the ball— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
We're not saying Mrs. Carson isn't accurate with at least some of her observations, but she's probably putting her son in a difficult situation with fellow social media savvy teammates.
After all, Jahii has at least four games left in a Sun Devil uniform. At least.
- ASU lands forward Savon Goodman
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.