Updated Feb 19, 2013 - 5:34 pm
ESPN's Jay Bilas lauds ASU frosh Jahii Carson
This week's report focuses on the top five freshman in the country, and while the list doesn't included huge names like UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad and Baylor's Isaiah Austin, it does include one familiar to ASU fans.
Bilas lists Sun Devil point guard Jahii Carson as the fourth-best freshman in the country.
Said Bilas about Carson:
Five-ten, jet quick, an outstanding point guard who can really score. He's averaging over 18 points per game, five assists per game and shoots about 46 percent from the field. Also, a solid defender who can stay in front at the point guard position and put good pressure on the ball.
Carson joined Michigan State's Gary Harris, UNLV's Anthony Bennett, Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart and Kansas' Ben McLemore on Bilas' countdown.
Carson and the Sun Devils host the Washington State Cougars and Washington Huskies at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe Wednesday and Sunday.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN College Football Analyst - Monday December 9ASU's heartbreaking loss, the other Championship Saturday games and Selection Sunday.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.