Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 3:45 pm
ASU coach Sendek: Jahii Carson is improving
Carson, who was forced to sit last season out due to eligibility issues, is averaging 18.3 points, 5.3 assists and 3.2 rebounds per game for the surprising Sun Devils.
And, according to his coach, he's actually getting better.
"I think he continues to improve each and every day," ASU coach Herb Sendek told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "I think he's in a great place with his confidence right now."
Sendek pointed to Carson taking fewer "difficult shots" at the basket and cutting down on turnovers as signs he's elevated his play.
"He played against a pressure-oriented defense at Washington, played almost the entire game with one turnover," he said. "If you go back to some of our non-conference games that's a dramatic improvement."
Carson turned the ball over 52 times in 13 non-conference games but has committed just 19 in nine Pac-12 contests.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?