Updated Jan 26, 2013 - 10:31 am
Charli Turner Thorne notches 300th win at ASU
The win allowed ASU head coach Charli Turner Thorne to reach a milestone in her successful career. It was Turner Thorne's 300th victory at ASU. She becomes only the third coach in conference history to reach that mark, joining Stanford's Tara VanDerveer (726 wins) and former USC and Washington coach Chris Gobrecht (312 wins).
The Sun Devils were led in scoring by senior Janae Fulcher and sophomore Promise Amukamara, who had nine points each. ASU dominated the second half, outscoring USC 40-17 after trailing 36-20 at the break.
Turner Thorne took over at Arizona State in 1996 after three seasons as the head coach at Northern Arizona University. She's guided the Sun Devils to 11 straight postseasons, including eight appearances in the NCAA Tournament. Arizona State advanced to the Elite 8 under Turner Thorne in 2007 and 2009.
ASU will look for a sweep and Turner Thorne's 301st Sun Devil victory Sunday in Los Angeles as they visit the 19th-ranked UCLA Bruins at Pauley Pavilion.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.