Updated Jan 26, 2013 - 10:31 am
Charli Turner Thorne notches 300th win at ASU
The win allowed ASU head coach Charli Turner Thorne to reach a milestone in her successful career. It was Turner Thorne's 300th victory at ASU. She becomes only the third coach in conference history to reach that mark, joining Stanford's Tara VanDerveer (726 wins) and former USC and Washington coach Chris Gobrecht (312 wins).
The Sun Devils were led in scoring by senior Janae Fulcher and sophomore Promise Amukamara, who had nine points each. ASU dominated the second half, outscoring USC 40-17 after trailing 36-20 at the break.
Turner Thorne took over at Arizona State in 1996 after three seasons as the head coach at Northern Arizona University. She's guided the Sun Devils to 11 straight postseasons, including eight appearances in the NCAA Tournament. Arizona State advanced to the Elite 8 under Turner Thorne in 2007 and 2009.
ASU will look for a sweep and Turner Thorne's 301st Sun Devil victory Sunday in Los Angeles as they visit the 19th-ranked UCLA Bruins at Pauley Pavilion.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.