Charli Turner Thorne notches 300th win at ASU
The win allowed ASU head coach Charli Turner Thorne to reach a milestone in her successful career. It was Turner Thorne's 300th victory at ASU. She becomes only the third coach in conference history to reach that mark, joining Stanford's Tara VanDerveer (726 wins) and former USC and Washington coach Chris Gobrecht (312 wins).
The Sun Devils were led in scoring by senior Janae Fulcher and sophomore Promise Amukamara, who had nine points each. ASU dominated the second half, outscoring USC 40-17 after trailing 36-20 at the break.
Turner Thorne took over at Arizona State in 1996 after three seasons as the head coach at Northern Arizona University. She's guided the Sun Devils to 11 straight postseasons, including eight appearances in the NCAA Tournament. Arizona State advanced to the Elite 8 under Turner Thorne in 2007 and 2009.
ASU will look for a sweep and Turner Thorne's 301st Sun Devil victory Sunday in Los Angeles as they visit the 19th-ranked UCLA Bruins at Pauley Pavilion.
Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 23Patterson talks to Doug and Wolf about ASU football games potentially being played at Chase field du