Updated Jan 26, 2013 - 10:31 am
Charli Turner Thorne notches 300th win at ASU
The win allowed ASU head coach Charli Turner Thorne to reach a milestone in her successful career. It was Turner Thorne's 300th victory at ASU. She becomes only the third coach in conference history to reach that mark, joining Stanford's Tara VanDerveer (726 wins) and former USC and Washington coach Chris Gobrecht (312 wins).
The Sun Devils were led in scoring by senior Janae Fulcher and sophomore Promise Amukamara, who had nine points each. ASU dominated the second half, outscoring USC 40-17 after trailing 36-20 at the break.
Turner Thorne took over at Arizona State in 1996 after three seasons as the head coach at Northern Arizona University. She's guided the Sun Devils to 11 straight postseasons, including eight appearances in the NCAA Tournament. Arizona State advanced to the Elite 8 under Turner Thorne in 2007 and 2009.
ASU will look for a sweep and Turner Thorne's 301st Sun Devil victory Sunday in Los Angeles as they visit the 19th-ranked UCLA Bruins at Pauley Pavilion.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 11ASU's heartbreaking loss, the other Championship Saturday games and Selection Sunday.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.