Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 5:17 pm
ASU's Jahii Carson shining among NCAA freshmen
Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com has Carson among the top freshman in the country in his Freshman of the Year rankings.
Carson continues to take the Pac-12 by storm, despite Arizona State falling back to Earth after a very impressive first two months. He's averaging 20.7 points, 4.0 assists and 3.7 rebounds in his last three games, while shooting 24-for-48 from the field during that stretch. Some say his numbers are inflated because he doesn't have many complementary options, but he's been outstanding nonetheless.
Borzello has Carson ranked No. 3 behind UNLV's Anthony Bennett and Kansas' Ben McLemore. Carson is one of two point guards in Borzello's top five, with Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart the other.
Carson is averaging 17.3 points, 3.3 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game this season for a resurgent Sun Devil squad.
- ASU lands No. 3 seed in Pac-12 tournament despite loss
- Another slow start hampers Sun Devils in OT loss to Beavers: By the Numbers
- ASU's road comeback vs. OSU falls short in OT
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.