Updated Jan 16, 2013 - 3:33 pm
Carson excited for first taste of UA rivalry
For most teams, the rivalry game becomes the thought in the back of their mind as it steadily approaches.
ASU freshman guard Jahii Carson has eyed the Sun Devils' game on January 19 before he even stepped on the court at Wells Fargo Arena.
"I'm excited, chomping at the bit," Carson said about his first match-up with Arizona on Saturday. "That's one of the games that you look forward to as a kid growing up wanting to play college basketball is the rival."
Like many college athletic programs, playing the rival becomes the biggest game of the year, and Carson doesn't see it as anything less.
"If you're a guy that wants to go to Duke, you dream about (North) Carolina, Michigan you dream about Michigan State, and Arizona (vs.) Arizona State is one of the games I've been looking forward to since the season started," Carson said.
Carson said his mindset will be key to help the Sun Devils take down the No. 7 team in the country.
"I just got to go in there just thinking it's a regular game," Carson said. "If I think about it in a positive state, just thinking about it as a must-win, and not that it's UA that we're playing against, I think I'll maintain my focus."
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.