Sendek: Sun Devils to face 'extremely talented' Wildcats squad
It is coming off a good road split in Oregon, and is quickly gaining "surprise team" status.
A win in its next game would go a long way towards making people true believers in what's happening in Tempe, because it would mean taking down the seventh-ranked Arizona Wildcats.
"They're extremely talented," Sendek told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo about the Wildcats. "They have some guys that just make plays."
Sendek pointed to Mark Lyons, Solomon Hill and Nick Johnson as guys who make plays, and added that the Wildcats are tough up front and solid in the half-court game.
"They're among the top five or 10 teams in the country ranking-wise, very well-deserved, and for good reason."
Yet, the Sun Devils likely enter this game with some confidence, especially with the team's recent success against the rivals from Tucson.
One of those two wins came in the regular season finale last season, when the Devils significantly hurt the Wildcats' NCAA Tournament hopes with an 87-80 upset win in Tempe.
When asked if his teams may play with a bit more of an edge when the Wildcats are the opponent, Sendek said he hopes that's not really the case.
"We hope we take every game and give it our best," he said. "If we're doing that, theoretically, it's hard to do better than that."
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.