Herb Sendek's Arizona State team is 14-3 with a 3-1 mark in the Pac-12.
It is coming off a good road split in Oregon, and is quickly gaining "surprise team" status.
A win in its next game would go a long way towards making people true believers in what's happening in Tempe, because it would mean taking down the seventh-ranked Arizona Wildcats.
"They're extremely talented," Sendek told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo about the Wildcats. "They have some guys that just make plays."
Sendek pointed to Mark Lyons, Solomon Hill and Nick Johnson as guys who make plays, and added that the Wildcats are tough up front and solid in the half-court game.
"They're among the top five or 10 teams in the country ranking-wise, very well-deserved, and for good reason."
Yet, the Sun Devils likely enter this game with some confidence, especially with the team's recent success against the rivals from Tucson.
The Sun Devils are 7-4 against the Wildcats over the last five years, though are just 2-4 against current Arizona coach Sean Miller.
One of those two wins came in the regular season finale last season, when the Devils significantly hurt the Wildcats' NCAA Tournament hopes with an 87-80 upset win in Tempe.
When asked if his teams may play with a bit more of an edge when the Wildcats are the opponent, Sendek said he hopes that's not really the case.
"We hope we take every game and give it our best," he said. "If we're doing that, theoretically, it's hard to do better than that."
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.