Updated Jan 14, 2013 - 11:04 am
Is ASU's Musselman a candidate for USC opening?
O'Neill was in his fourth season with the Trojans and had a 48-65 record with the school. This season, USC was 7-10 and 2-2 in the Pac-12 following a 76-59 win at Utah Saturday which snapped a 12-game road losing streak.
Bob Cantu, one of O'Neill's assistants, will guide the team on an interim basis.
But now the fun begins. Names of potential successors are already floating around, and that list includes a local figure, according to Yahoo! Sports' Marc Spears.
Musselman is in his first season on Herb Sendek's staff at Arizona State, and has played a part in the Sun Devils' resurgence in 2012-13. After splitting in Oregon over the weekend, ASU is 14-3 and 3-1 in Pac-12 play as they head home to host highly-ranked in-state rival Arizona Saturday in Tempe.
Interestingly enough, Spears pulled the tweet just moments after posting it.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition